Coming up to two years in the digital space The West End Magazine Online was already a popular website for Brisbane’s 4101 community.
The Publisher recognised the need to broaden audience engagement, advertising sales, and increase digital subscriptions heading into the third year in the event of downscaling of the quarterly print edition in Autumn 2015. Whilst their reputation for quality news, reviews, and entertainment guide was well and truly in tact, they had not yet had the time or manpower to develop a tactical and ongoing digital strategy.
- Improve web design and functionality that is responsive across web, mobile & tablet
- Audit content to measure popular content types, improve navigation to access these popular items & maximize advertising space
- Identify unique content marketing opportunities across channel streams (print, digital, social) for meaningful customer engagement
- Consult Head of Publishing and Advertising Manager on current digital publishing trends and new advertising opportunities
- Mentor Online Marketing Manager and volunteers (+6 people) overseeing roll-out of digital development, video content, and social media strategies
- Partnership with leading film schools in the 4101 district including SAE Qantm Creative Media Institute and Griffith Film School LiveLab. We are the first publisher in Queensland offering students a unique opportunity to work and publish in the industry as part of the curriculum.
RESULTS* (thus far…)
*Google Analytics Aug1 – Nov 31 compared to previous period April 1 – July31, 2014
- Bounce rate reduced from 74% to 0%
- Visitors coming to the website increased by 15%
- Page views have increased by 88% to 88,162 pageviews
- Strategic heading and tagline for homepage SEO: Google ranking to 1st page
- Launching 4101-TV on YouTube, gateway to video content on our website
- Video posts are the #1 content type on Facebook with 3 ½ x greater reach than photo posts
- Rollout of social media strategy for socials, video, and editorial content to our 6K strong following to build brand awareness and deeper engagement with the community, reaching well over 40K/month
- Establish strategic partnership with SAE Quantum College, Brisbane Campus, integrating The West End Magazine as a real-life client for assessable student film productions
- Clean up format of e-newsletters in content and design for our 12,500+ subscribers
- iPad Newsstand marketing campaign to increase digital subscriptions (WIP)
- Directory and Event listings re-design to increase user and brand value (WIP)